Find that Title
Looking for the breadth of material available in your research area?
Summon provides access to journal articles, books and conference papers, archival material, reports, theses, patents and much more—opening up the realm of accessible research
- Options for Content Type (format) and Subject Terms—exclude what you don't want from your complete results set.
- Results beyond UL's collection—see what else is out there. If BGSU doesn't have an item, you may be eligible to request it through Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad).
- Date range limiting.
- Content type limiting to exclude newspaper articles and book reviews.
- Resources beyond journal articles, books and conference papers. Summon provides access to images, archival material, reports, theses, patents and many more types of content—opening up the realm of accessible and findable research.
- Access to free online resources such as Project Gutenberg and the Directory of Open Access Journals.
- Feature to save results and export to RefWorks or other citation managers.
- RSS feed functionality for a particular search—any time an item matches your search, you'll be notified. Use this to find out when a book is reviewed, when you are cited, when a new book is added to the library, when your favorite author is mentioned, or when something on your specialty is published or added to Summon.
E-Journal Title List— e-journal holdings available to BGSU faculty, staff and students. Find a journal by title and link to full text.
Research Databases—subject-specific tools that provide indexing and abstracting of scholarly journals, newspapers, conference proceedings, dissertations, and book chapters.
Looking for resources on your topic?
Summon is ideal for browsing material that can be used for your assignments.
- Options for identifying relevant and useful keywords. Click on Subject Terms to include or exclude keywords that aren't relevant.
- Limits to full text online and scholarly publications, to ensure quick access to material relevant to your academic studies.
- Option to limit to newspaper results for current affairs information.
- Option to select only the Content Types that you are looking for. Click on More Options to include Journal Articles, Books, eBooks, Conference Papers, and more.
- Limits to location to identify books available in different areas of the library (keep in mind this will exclude electronic resources).
LibGuides - LibGuides provide subject portals to a range of library and internet resources relevant to an area. Browse these individual resources for more.
Find that Title
Looking for something specific?
Summon provides a range of ways to search directly for items when you already know some of the details
- Phrase searching to specify the exact order of words in the title by enclosing them in quotation marks (example: "Modern Language Journal")
- Option to limit to the Content Type (format) of the title you wish to find.
- Advanced Search to specify details such as author, title, volume/issue, publisher, or date.
- Advanced Search to search for articles by keyword within a known journal title.
BGSU Catalog or the OhioLINK Catalog—Use Advanced Search to construct complex search strategies, and search for known items by title, author, call number, or journal title.
Citation Linker—Use this form to look up a specific journal article and
find out where it is available to you.